Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Bowen Island Community Foundation (the Foundation) they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
1. To be informed of our mission, the way we intend to use donated resources, and our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
2. To know who is serving on our governing Board, and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to our most recent financial statements.
4. To have their donations handled with respect and with confidentiality, to the extent provided by law.
5. In all dealings with us, to be treated professionally.
6. When making a donation, to receive prompt and accurate answers to questions asked.
Approved by the Board: November 24, 2015